Apple & Blackberry Crumble recipe
Apple and Blackberry crumble is a great dish for October/November time but it tastes amazing all year round. Most recipes remove the skin but I like to keep the skin on. The vast majority of an apple’s antioxidants are in the skin. You will lose some in the cooking process but you will lose nearly all if you remove the skin. It also adds a nice texture to the apple sauce.
FOR MORE RECIPES AND WELLBEING ADVICE - LOGIN TO THE DNA PORTAL!
MINI BLACKBERRY AND APPLE CRUMBLES
What you’ll need for the crumble topping…
160g rolled oats
100g Pumpkin Seeds
60g coconut oil
50g date sugar/coconut sugar or 3 tbsp of maple syrup
What you’ll need for the apple sauce…
4 Large red apples*
25g date sugar/coconut sugar or 1 tbsp of maple syrup
A splash of water
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- To make the crumble layer put all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse till the coconut oil mixes in to the rest of the ingredients. You can decide on the texture that you desire. I like a fine crumble.
- Wash the apples, remove the core and finely chop.
- Add the apple, blackberry, date sugar and water to a pot. Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes to soften slightly, stirring occasionally, then tip into individual ovenproof baking dishes, or one larger baking dish.
- Top the apple with the crumble.
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream and enjoy
*Green apples can be used If you prefer, however red apples have a much higher antioxidant content.
About the author: Chris Peare, Nutritional Therapist
It is often said that the smallest changes can make the biggest difference, and for Nutritional Therapist, Chris Peare, this was certainly the case. A self-confessed former ‘sugar & junk food addict’, Chris spent years trying different diets, in an attempt to lose weight and feel better, yet nothing worked. It wasn’t until he decided to add a single green juice to his diet every day, that his entire approach to food changed, and he began to feel inspired to improve his health, once and for all.
Chris now helps people to achieve their health goals through his company, Green Lemon Nutrition, which provides individually tailored nutritional guidance, centred around a wholefood diet.
For more info about Chris and Green Lemon Nutrition
Book a consultation at www.greenlemonnutrition.com
- Support the NHS & clap for our carers tonight at 8pm. ...read more
- ITS VE DAY 2020: WHAT HAPPENED ON VICTORY IN EUROPE DAY - AND HOW TO CELEBRATE THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY IN LOCKDOWN ...read more
- SUPPORT THE NHS & CLAP FOR OUR CARERS TONIGHT AT 8PM. ...read more
- GOOD NEWS... URBAN BURGERS ARE BACK!! ...read more
- join doncaster racecourse for a racenight at home this evening ...read more
- Be your best self in times of crisis ...read more
- Discounts at Apple with DNA Card ...read more
- Celebrity classes for kids during lockdown ...read more
- 7% cashback with Slendertone and your DNA Card ...read more
- FREE introduction to music theory course ...read more
- Audible, just £3.99 a month ...read more
- £5 off Pact Coffee ...read more
- Apple & Blackberry Crumble recipe ...read more
- 30% off Rosetta Stone language courses ...read more
- Up to 30% Cashback with NOW TV ...read more
COVER YOU CAN TRUST
10% discount on car insurance ›